Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Closet Casserole

My lovely sister has come over, allowing me to dress her up in some vintage wear from our Grandmother's basement, such as this dress.




We then paired a velvet jacket (again from the treasure trove of beloved Grams) with a denim strapless and red high heels. Plus, no better accessory than a cold beer, right? JK, empty bottle.



On to a 70s (the sleeves give it away) knitted blouse tucked into a pseudo pencil skirt. Netted hat to complete the look, a rare thing to happen. I wish I'd had the sense to not photograph this shirt next to a blue wall, but I think the floating head look is in anyway...


And then we got a little crazy. My dad actually got this wolf fur hat for me in Afghanistan, and look how well it matches my old prom dress! The stole is definitely not fur, but it's definitely perfect.





This dress is nowhere near vintage, but it has the weight of those 70s polyester getups. Makings for a good winter dress. If you'll notice,that album really describes those earrings.
This is a part of a dress outfit my dad brought back from Afghanistan. It had been long sleeved and came with a long skirt, but the burka look doesn't suit me, so it's been tailored a bit. Accessories straight out of Goodwill, which makes me sad for some little girl's Egyptian dance costume.


And finally, before my sister grew tired of me standing on my bed with a camera in her face, asking her to put on a mask and hold a dead flower, we get a simple little outfit. Pink cotton balloon dress, which I tailored a little bit, with another 70s cardigan (Dang, sweater. Nice Sleeves!) in white. Hoorah.

 

1 comment:

  1. Quite, quite Fabulous! I love what you've "cooked up" in this casserole.

    ReplyDelete